Efter sju år är Machineborn nästan klart

Ekorren

Warrior
Åtminstone en beta-version i alla fall. Jag kommer behöva mer tid än så för att redigera text, fortsätta speltesta och lägga in errata samt indexera. Det enda som saknas just nu är de sista två sektionerna av setting-kapitlet samt Coding Protocols (typ magiska förmågor) i Cosmic Coding-kapitlet. Sen är jag inte klar med bokmärken, table of contents och kapitel-litteratur för Kapitel 4 och senare heller ännu.

Rollspelet är dock spelbart och jag kör det själv med en grupp vänner varannan helg och har gjort det i snart två år nu. Det är baserat på en modifierad version av Fate-systemet designat för längre kampanjer där du utvecklar din karaktär fritt. Det är lite mer komplext och innehållstungt än många moderna spel, med både fokus på narrativ och valmöjligheter för spelarna. Jag ville skriva ett spel som passade vad jag själv ville spela.

Jag är dock intresserad av fler ögon som tittar, kritiserar, berömmer, testar saker, har sönder saker, kanske till och med vågar sig på att provspela. Om ni svarar med feedback här eller på mejl contact@ekorrengames.com så tackar jag er gärna med namn i boken.

Här är en länk till boken i dess nuvarande form:

Om ni endast vill ha en synopsis så kommer den här:

Machineborn is a science fiction game set in a world where the concept of what makes people human is flexible. People have the power to transform themselves after their own vision, driven by the prevailing notion that they are flawed by nature. Feeble limbs yield to sleek prosthetics, while costly biotherapies twist genes into better or stranger forms. Perfection is only a price tag away.

This world is far from paradise. It is a dark and cruel place, where the strong oppress the weak, and the masses are mere ants under the heels of titanic empires. To find purpose, people fixate on their own potential, often losing sight of themselves along the way. Humanity is a volatile mix wrapped in a malleable package.

Enter the Machineborn: those who have gone beyond the limits of human possibility. They hold the future in their grasp, often appearing where they are the most needed or where their presence cause the most harm. Will they fight for humanity or meld with the gears? That can only be determined by the story you tell.

In this game, you can assume the role of an ordinary person from one of several transhuman progenies, navigating a future where factions grapple with high tensions after a devastating age of war. Alternatively, step into the shoes of the mighty Machineborn, someone with perks unattainable to the masses, and choose to be either a perceived villain on the run from the powers at be or a hero striving to restore prosperity to a civilization in ruins. The choice is yours, and the world awaits your move!