Eon Help me creating an armor spell

Yahuna

Veteran
Hi all!

I want to create a spell that grants armor. I know it is not really necessary because mages in eon can wear armour without penalty, but I guess I am a nostalgic and I am missing those mage armor, bark skin, stone skin spells and the like.

So, I was thinking on something along the following:

ROOT SPELL (Rotbesvärjelser)
Name:
Skin armor.
Summary: Hardens and thickens the skin of the target and provide protection.
Basic difficulty: ??? (I guess small since mages can wear armor....)
Aspect: ???
Scope (omfång): A voluntary being (En frivillig varelse)
Range (Räckvidd): Adjacent (Intill)
Duration: Scene (Scen)
Description: The skin of the target hardens and thickens granting the following protection against weapon attacks: Slash 3 / Crush 2 / Pierce 3 in all body locations. The target also finds more difficult to bend his joints and in general to move his body, therefore his encumbrance increases by 8.
Magnitude gains (Magnitudförstärkningar):
[??+]* Increase the protection granted by Slash +3 / Crush +2 / Pierce +3 and the encumbrance increase by 8
[??+]* Reduce the increase of Encumbrance by 4

*Värdet inom hakparenteserna anger svårighetsökning vid improvisation. För att ta fram motsvarande Övertagslista för besvärjelse så halveras svårigheten och ersätts med en Övertagskostnad.

I would like to hear your opinion on the topic and help me to fill in the ??? fields.

Best!

Wormrose

Paragrafryttare 3T6
My suggestion would be:

Base difficulty: 4
Aspect: Geotropi, possibly Nomotropi if the flavor text is more about unchanging or a force field than hardness.

[4+ (same as base difficulty)] Increase the protection ...
[2+] Reduce encumberance ...
This way you can always get something for 1 Övertag.

To create armor roughly equivalent to regular armor the difficulty becomes 4/8/12/16 for padding/leather/mail/plate. Double that if you want no encumberance.
If that feels too easy you could increase the base difficulty to 6 (but keep the reduction at 2), which gives you 6/12/18/24, with no encumberance it becomes 10/20/30/40.