Eon Strid book. Pike translation help

Yahuna

Veteran
Hi, its me again.
Thank you all for helping me translating little by little this wonderful game. I have found another bit of text that I struggle to translate.

In this case is the Pike (Pk) enrtry in the Strid book, on page 102. It reads
"Vapnet är synnerligen långt och kan därför användas för att hålla en motståndare på avstånd. Om en motståndare försöker ta sig till avstånd närmare
än Kort, kan denne hindras med ett vapen med egenskapen Pik. Motståndaren måste då lyckas med ett motståndsslag med relevant Stridsfärdighet eller Undvika för att lyckas närma sig."

Which I understand it says something like "The weapon is extremely long and can therefore be used to keep an opponent at distance. If an opponent tries to get closer than Short, he can be blocked with a weapon with the Pike quality. The opponent must then succeed in an opposed test with the relevant Combat Skill or Dodge to successfully approach."

So far so good, but then the following sentence comes "Misslyckas slaget är handlingen fortfarande utförd." which I understand as "If the test fails, the action is still performed."

But if the opposed test fails and the opponent is still able to approach, what it is the point of rolling the test in the first place?
Therefore I think I am wrongly translating something here.

I would greatly appreciate some help here.

thx!

Hi, it means that the opponent can't do anything else (basicly attack) for this round, because his action is spent.

THZ

Warrior
I dont have the rules....but could it mean that the action is spent....so you have done your stuff that turn?